- Time Warner Cable is supplying free generator power at two stations in the Rockaways: 204th St / Rockaway Point Blvd and Beach 22nd / Mott Ave. They respond quickly to tweets at @TWCable_NYC.
- New York State has given EmPower NY extra funding to expand its program to eligible homeowners who experienced flooding during Sandy.
Empower New York provides no-cost energy efficiency solutions for income-eligible New Yorkers
Energy efficiency measures such as
- Insulation, draft reduction, and upgraded appliances and lighting—at no cost to you
- Peace of mind that comes with keeping more money in your own pocket, to spend on what matters most to you
- A home that’s warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
- Health and safety checks of carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, and more
Trained auditors are already to assessing homes to determine applicable measures. Participants could either complete the application and mail or email it to Syracuse (address below) OR simply call 1-800-263-0960 to request a Storm Relief application.