When: Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Time: Informal questions and sign-up at 6pm. Formal meeting 7pm
Where: DoubleTree Hotel, Tarrytown (Grand Ballroom, 455 S. Broadway)Prepare to hear a lot about reactor baffle bolts. None of it good.
As many of you know, Friends of the Earth (FOE) has just filed an Emergency Petition demanding Indian Point Unit 2 be kept shut and Unit 3 be inspected. Here are links to FOE’s Press Release and Emergency Petition:
- FOE Press Release: http://www.foe.org/news/news-releases/2016-05-legal-action-to-shut-down-indian-point
- FOE Petition: http://webiva-downton.s3.amazonaws.com/877/19/8/8202/16-05-23_FINAL_emergency_petition_to_commission.pdf
And check out these 4 great, timely articles by Roger Witherspoon:
- Degradation of Indian Point Reactor Triggers NRC Investigation (May 28, 2016) https://spoonsenergymatters.wordpress.com/2016/05/28/degradation-of-indian-point-reactor-triggers-nrc-investigation/
- Critical Nuclear Reacor Parts Fail at Indian Point 2 (Mar 31, 2016). https://spoonsenergymatters.wordpress.com/2016/03/31/critical-nuclear-reactor-parts-fail-at-indian-point-2/
- Dangerous Flaw Threatens to Close Nation’s Nuclear Fleet (Mar 4, 2016) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/roger-witherspoon/dangerous-flaw-threatens-_b_9382364.html
- Indian Point Contaminates the Hudson River With Uncontrollable Radioactive Flow, Energy Matters (Feb 17, 2016). https://spoonsenergymatters.wordpress.com/2016/02/12/indian-point-contaminates-the-hudson-river-with-uncontrollable-radioactive-flow/
Let’s show up and demonstrate our citizen power!