“Women in the Zapatista Movement” is a short video for educators and students that offers a clear introduction to women’s participation in the Zapatista movement in Chiapas, Mexico.
In 5 minutes you’ll learn about:
– How women’s lives changed before and after the Zapatista uprising of 1994
– The Revolutionary Women’s Law
– Women’s work on family farms, in artisan cooperatives, and in Zapatista schools, health care centers, and media centers
– Testimony from Zapatista women at the First Gathering of Zapatista Women with the Women of the World, and women in Zapatista Good Governance councils
– Archival footage recorded by Zapatista filmmakers
For more information, including resources for educators and students, visit Schools for Chiapas: www.schoolsforchiapas.org