It’s the 11th hour in the fight against fracking in New York! The Cuomo Administration believes it can get away with selling out our state this month (see below for the details). This despite the recent filing of more than 204,000 public comments with the DEC against the deeply flawed Environmental Impact Statement (SGEIS).
To save our state we have to:
• Protest at the DEC, and at rallies, demonstrations and hearings all this week Visit www.dontfrackny.org;
• Sign the Don’t Frack NY Pledge of Resistance
• Sign up for Non Violent Civil Disobedience Training (NVDA)
THE DEC PROTEST: WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY…
The purpose of the protest is
• to call out DEC employees to follow their conscience, resist the SGEIS process from within the DEC, and become whistleblowers;
• to deliver signed copies of the Pledge of Resistance (we’ll have those for you there);
YOU SHOULD BRING
Your own personal symbols of what we all will lose if fracking continues to spread in New York State (postcard of NY State farms/tourist destinations, personal photo, small container of water, etc.–all of these should be things that you can leave behind at the DEC office). And your anti-fracking signs.
This is a straightforward, non-violent demonstration. We aim for no arrests.
HOW TO GET THERE:
Take G train to the 21st St. Station, or the 7 to the Hunter’s Point station. The DEC office is just over the Pulaski Bridge if you are coming from Williamsburg or Greenpoint.
Wednesday, Feb 6th
Department of Environmental Conservation
1 Hunter’s Point Plaza
47-40 21st Street
Long Island City, NY 11101-5407
BE THERE AT NOON!
View our Facebook event
” Event type: Action, Energy, Environment I agree