Immediate Local Demands
- Swift and impartial investigation by the Department of Justice into the Michael Brown shooting and an expanded Department of Justice investigation into patterns of civil rights violations by police across North St. Louis County.
- Immediate arrest of Darren Wilson
- County Prosecutor Robert McCullough to stand down and allow a Special Prosecutor to be appointed
- Firing of Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson
- Immediate De-escalation of militarized policing of peaceful protestors
- Ensure the rights of people to assemble and peacefully protest are protected
- Hold law enforcement officers accountable for excessive use of force on peaceful protestors
- Immediate release of individuals arrested for exercising their right to assemble and peacefully protest
- Obama to come to Ferguson to meet with the people whose human rights have been violated by aggressive and militarized policing, including the family of the victim – Michael Brown.
- Eric Holder to use the full resources and power of the Department of Justices to implement a nationwide investigation of systemic police brutality and harassment in black and brown communities
- Ensure transparency, accountability, and safety of our communities by requiring front facing cameras in police departments with records of racial disparities in stops, arrests, killings, and excessive force complaints
- Immediate suspension without pay of law enforcement officers that have used or approved excessive use of force. Additionally, their names and policing history should be made available to the public.
**This document is a reflection of the local demands as expressed by local organizations leading on the ground in Ferguson, such as Organization for Black Struggle, Missourians Organizing for Reform, Empowerment, and others. The National Demands reflect demands developed by organizations such as Freedom Side and Dream Defenders.